Volunteer Work Experience in the UK
I bet you are an interesting, curious and enthusiastic person.
I’m pretty sure you are the kind of person who loves life-changing experiences, right?
And this year for improving your English you probably want something more than a language course.
How would it be if this year you could:
- Boost your fluency in English and learn to speak fresh and authentic English by practising your English in a very, very practical way, without taking courses or lessons
- Get to know native English people and live the real day-to-day life of people living in the UK
- Live a unique, rewarding experience and make difference for the community
If this is what you are looking for, then the Volunteer Work Experience in the UK is YOUR programme.
Volunteer Work Experience
Short-term volunteering programme in the United Kingdom for international students who want to:
- Become finally fluent in speaking English
- Learn to speak as native English speakers
- Socialise with local, native English people
- Develop their skills and learn new things by helping the community
Hi there, I’m Daniela, founder of Fast Learning School and the person who will take care of your volunteer work experience before you leave as well as during your stay in the UK.
I love giving people the chance to experience something unique, rewarding and helpful for everybody.
That’s why I decided to offer the VWE as a service for all international students, and professionals who want to do a work experience in the UK within the not for profit industry.
“I really enjoyed myself volunteering. I learned loads of things. The volunteers and the manager were very friendly.”
Good for you, good for the community
You will join a team of volunteers and work for charitable organisations such as Oxfam, Amnesty International, British Heart Foundation, etc.
You will decide the destination in the UK, I will arrange all the rest for you.
Volunteering is an exciting and rewarding experience!
Who can apply?
If you are aged 16+ and you have an intermediate level of English (at least B1 level is required), then you are suitable for taking part in the programme.
How long does it last?
Your volunteer work experience can last from a minimum of 2 weeks and it doesn’t have a maximum length of time required. The suggested minimum stay is 2 weeks.
What will you do?
You will join the team of volunteers working in a charity shop. You will support the shop manager and the rest of the staff in all aspects from providing excellent customer service to stock research. Some of the key responsibilities are the following ones:
- Receiving donations, sorting and preparing stock to sell
- Visual merchandising
- Maintaining shop floor standards.
What is a charity shop?
A charity shop is a retail establishment run by a charitable organisation to raise money. Charity shops sell mainly second hand goods such as clothing, books and furniture donated by local people. The income from the sales is used to fund the organisation’s stated charitable purpose. The majority of people working in charity shops are volunteers.
Just choose a location in the UK, we will arrange the work experience for you.
If you need us to arrange the accommodation for you, please note we work in the following areas: Birmingham | Brighton | Bristol | Cambridge | Canterbury | Coventry | Dublin | Edinburgh | Exeter | Lancaster | Leeds | Leicester | Liverpool | London | Medway | Manchester | Northampton | Oxford | Reading.
Certificate of attendance
We will provide you with a letter of reference stating the volunteer hours you worked during your stay in the UK, if needed. Volunteer experiences are suitable for ‘Alternance / Alternanza Scuola-Lavoro’.
We can arrange the work experience all year round on demand. You choose the dates when you want to come over and we will arrange the placement accordingly. Check out the flights and let me know when you are more likely to leave.
The enrolment fee is £250 per person.
This is a one off fee (same fee regardless the length of your work experience). The fee includes:
- Two shops you will choose from as options
- All paperwork get done
- Supervision of your experience during your whole stay
- 24/7 customer and emergency support
- Letter of reference suitable for ‘Alternance/ Alternanza Scuola-Lavoro’.
Why choosing us
- My team and I will provide you with a friendly and professional support during your whole stay. My team can speak: English, Spanish, Italian, French and German.
- We will plan the placement in order to make it as easy as possible for you to reach your assigned shop from your home stay
- We can provide you with excellent family home stay accommodation solutions, selected by our rewarded partners specialised in family home stay
- The Volunteer Work Experience is suitable for ‘Alternance/ Alternanza Scuola-Lavoro’.
How to apply
Book your Volunteer Work Experience in 3 easy steps:
- Book the Volunteer Work Experience: click the button below and follow the checkout
- We will ask you details on when and where you wish to do your Experience once your booking has been received
- You will be able to book additional services on request (accommodation and airport transfer) once your booking has been received.
“I love my charity shop, people were friendly and I learned a lot of English in this way.”
“A great experience, very friendly colleagues and a very useful experience.”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1) How do I know if my level of English is suitable for the V.W.E.?
2) What is the minimum and the maximum length of the V.W.E.?
Minimum 2 weeks. No maximum length required for the Volunteer Work Experience.
3) Where can I do the V.W.E.?
We can arrange your V.W.E. in the following destinations in the UK: Birmingham | Brighton | Bristol | Cambridge | Canterbury | Coventry | Dublin | Edinburgh | Exeter | Lancaster | Leeds | Leicester | Liverpool | London | Medway | Manchester | Northampton | Oxford | Reading.
4) Can you provide me with a suitable accommodation solution?
Yes, to Under 18-year-olds I can propose family home stay accommodation solutions. My school works in partnership with a network of trusted home stay accommodation agencies specialised in the provision of high quality family home stay solutions. This means that my school is able to: 1) To give the students and their families the peace of mind and the quality they deserve; 2) To promptly find a replacement solution in case this is necessary.
5) Can you provide me with other services, for instance the airport transfer?
Yes, I can offer airport transfer solutions. Please request the prospectus to find out all the details about the airport transfer solutions.
6) What is the emergency service?
The emergency service will be your safety net during your stay in the UK. Anything can happen during your stay: getting ill, getting lost in London, losing your ID or passport, for instance. Thanks to the emergency service you can phone me any time 24/7 and get support.
7) When can I book my flights/tickets?
Once you have signed up in the V.W.E., you can proceed with booking your flights or tickets.
8) How can I apply for the V.W.E?
Click the ‘Book Now’ button and follow the checkout. We will ask you details on when and where you wish to do your work experience once your booking has been received. You will be able to book additional services on request (accommodation and airport transfer) once your booking has been received.
9) Do you offer refunds?
Yes. If for any reasons you need to cancel your V.W.E, we will refund the whole enrolment fee of £250, minus £50 of administration fee. Please read our Terms and Conditions when you checkout.
10) Do you offer special discounts to students enrolling together?
Not for the Volunteer Work Experience programme.